Your comments

This feature is now one of the most popular :)

So, I'm marking it as "Planned".


For now, here's how you can do drop sets with the app:


If the app says to do 2 sets, and you did this:

Set 1: 20kg for 10 reps followed by 10kg for 10 reps and then 5kg for 10 reps

Set 2: 20kg for 10 reps followed by 10kg for 10 reps and then 5kg for 10 reps


You would enter:


Set 1: 20 kg for 10 reps

Set 2: 20 kg for 10 reps


That's it. Don't write your drop sets down. It doesn't actually make a difference, because drop sets do not influence your progression inside the app and its recommendations.


On your next workout, the app will recommend another top weight in another rep range. You can drop that weight at your leisure.


I realise you're not recording your drop sets in your history, so this solution is far from perfect. We'll fix that when we implement the drop set feature. But for now, the training effect will be the same.




Good idea. I like that. I'm marking it +1.

We're going to add a screen inside the app where you can make sure that setting is correct. We plan on doing it next week. I'm marking this as "Planned" for now. I'll update again when it's done. Cheers!

Until we implement this, I recommend you check http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html. They have a very comprehensive database of exercises, all with images and videos. They've got 92 exercises just for the abs! We use the same names in our app, so they're easy to check.

Glad we're clear :)


4-d/w would be:


Monday

Tuesday


Thursday

Friday


Ideally. But people can always "Remind me tomorrow", yes.

Hey Nick :)


Here's how I see it:

You're doing full-body workouts, 3 days a week.

You workout on day 1 (whichever day that is).

2 days later, app tells you to workout again. That's optimal for recovery and supercompensation. If you can, you work out on that day. If you can't, you ask the app to "remind me tomorrow".

Would that be annoying do you?

Thank you for that suggestion guys!

Note to self: it could be done on [Save Workout]

Note to self:

Spoke with Marc David today and he said:

- Got lost
- Wasn't sure if taping "Finish Exercise" transmitted one or two exercises

Agreed. We'll find a proper way to implement them in the app, so they're recorded.


If you want this feature, please vote for it here: http://muscle.userecho.com/topics/33-automated-drop-set-function/


Ciao Julian!


Great questions.


Yes, the app takes into account all sets. If you enter 4 sets, however you did them, you'll start from 4 sets for your next workouts. Here's how sets work:

  • Sets: Always 2 sets or more; +1 set every 3 workouts; +1 set if you’ve improved more than 4% last workout; -1 set if you’ve improved less than 2% last workout. Sets drop 50% when your 1RM goes down and you deload.

For more info about the workings of our algorithm, check out this article: Building Muscle With Dr. Muscle’s AI: The Science Behind The App.


I plan to implement drop sets at some point in the app, cause they're really effective (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28474868). For now, here's how I would do them:

Don't write them down.

If the app says to do 2 sets, and you did this:

Set 1: 20kg for 10 reps followed by 10kg for 10 reps and then 5kg for 10 reps

Set 2: 20kg for 10 reps followed by 10kg for 10 reps and then 5kg for 10 reps

You would enter:


Set 1: 20 kg for 10 reps

Set 2: 20 kg for 10 reps


That's it.


On your next workout, the app will recommend another weight in another rep range. You can drop that weight at your leisure.


Does that seem good enough for you at the moment?